Boiler Repair in Reading, PA
Local Heating Service Experts
Finding yourself without an efficient heating system during the winter is no fun at all. The Advanced Comfort Specialists team provides boiler service and repair in and around Reading, PA. From new equipment to removal and replacement, we can do it all.
Advanced Comfort Specialists provides quality solutions for all of your residential and commercial HVAC needs. Our high standard for comfort is noticeable in every job we complete, whether you are installing a brand new boiler or furnace, upgrading or replacing an older one, need an immediate repair, or just want to keep them working smoothly year-round.
For more than a decade, we’ve served all areas of Berks County, from Reading to Fleetwood, from Wernersville to Douglassville and everywhere in between, as well as throughout Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Montgomery and Schuylkill Counties.
What’s the Difference Between a Boiler and a Furnace?
Furnaces and boilers operate in very different ways. The heat is different, and the way the heat is circulated through your home is different, but they have one thing in common. They can run off a variety of fuel sources. Furnaces usually run off natural gas, propane or electricity. Boilers use gas, oil or electricity.
- Boilers heat water in a tank, which is then pumped through a network of pipes to radiators or baseboard heaters inside your home, creating “radiant” heat to warm the room. Gas boilers have jets under the tank to heat the water, while electric boilers have heating elements inside the tank that do the work.
- Furnaces, on the other hand, are forced-air systems that heat up air and then use blower fans to send the warm air through your home’s ductwork system. Electric heating elements (in electric furnaces) or gas jets (in gas- and propane-powered furnaces) create the heat that is then transferred to the air.
Each system has its pros and cons. Furnaces are generally less expensive to install and won’t freeze up in winter, but usually need more frequent filter changes and repairs and have shorter life spans. Boilers produce cleaner heat and have low operating and repair costs, but they can take longer to warm up and may freeze during harsh cold. Rooms that are not heating properly are usually a sign that the boiler needs maintenance.
If you are considering purchasing a boiler or furnace, no single option is a better choice for your home than the other. It will depend on your specific home requirements and your budget. Advanced Comfort Specialists can help you select the best heating system for your needs. Whether you are looking for forced air, natural gas, propane, or oil type heating, we have it all at an affordable price.
Preventive Boiler Maintenance Services
No matter what the weather is like outside, Advanced Comfort Specialists can help you keep your home at a nice, even temperature. Our maintenance services for boiler systems include:
- Equipment cleaning
- Filter change
- Replacement of worn parts
- Electrical wire check
- Water or refrigerant leak check
- Carbon monoxide leak check
- Vent/register cleaning
We take pride in our ability to accurately assess your heating systems and ensure that they are working safely and efficiently. Our scheduled maintenance plans will help keep your energy bills low and provide you with healthier air. They will also make your system last longer.