HVAC Repair in Lancaster County, PA
Fast & Affordable Heating and Cooling Solutions
Whether you are installing a brand new heating or cooling system, replacing an older one, need an urgent repair, or simply want to keep your systems in great working order, the experts at Advanced Comfort Specialists provide quality solutions for homeowners and businesses in Lancaster County, PA.
Our President and CEO, Chad Milligan, became involved in heating and cooling as a teenager and made it his career. He has over 20 years of experience in commercial and residential installations and as a service technician.
Since 2004, Advanced Comfort Specialists has served customers in Lancaster, Ephrata, Lititz, Adamstown, Mount Joy, Strasburg, Buck, and the surrounding areas providing quality products, skilled employees, stellar customer service, and the lowest installation costs around!
Ready to get your heating and cooling project underway in Lancaster? Call Advanced Comfort Specialists at (610) 224-9756 today!
AC Repair & Installation in Lancaster County, PA
Has your air conditioning system been giving you problems? Instead of continuing to struggle and sinking more money into repairs and maintenance, it may be time to invest in a new, reliable AC system that will work when you need it most.
Do You Need Your Air Conditioner Replaced?
The main factors to consider when deciding if you need a new AC unit are age and performance. The average lifespan of an air conditioning system is 10 to 15 years.
If your air conditioner is approximately this age, you can expect to encounter some performance issues during its last few years, such as:
- Uneven cooling
- Not cooling as needed
- And high energy bills
If you’re considering a replacement, Advanced Comfort Specialists can assess your home or business property and recommend a properly sized unit for your needs. An AC system that is correctly sized can make a big impact on your energy bills and on the integrity of your entire cooling system.
We would be happy to show you the Tempstar, Trane, Carrier, York, Lennox, and other products we carry that will work for you.
What Size AC Unit Is Best for You?
Our experts will survey your home or business, understand your requirements, and make a proposal based on our cooling-load calculation (or heat-load calculation for heating), while taking into consideration other important factors like your square footage and insulation.
As you look for a new air conditioning system, you may be tempted to buy something larger than you had before. But bigger is not necessarily better and may not be the best solution. In fact, you could be increasing your energy costs.
The drawbacks of oversized AC units:
- Increased cost. An air conditioning system that is too big for your space will cycle on and off excessively. This can shorten its lifespan and lead to more frequent breakdowns and greater repair costs. It will also be less efficient. A properly sized unit will run for longer periods but will consume less energy.
- Uneven temperatures. Oversized air conditioners often lead to poor air distribution and uneven temperatures. Some rooms may be noticeably hotter or colder than others, especially those furthest from the unit. This is because the air conditioner is cycling off too soon, thinking its job is done.
- Leaking ducts. If your new air conditioner is substantially larger than the one it replaced, the existing ductwork may not be able to handle the stronger air flow. The oversized unit may produce short, noisy blasts of air, causing the ducts to leak, wasting energy, and making your space dirtier.
- Excess humidity. An oversized air conditioner can actually cool the air too quickly, before it removes enough moisture from the air. The result is too much humidity and an increased threat of mold growth. Not only is this bad news for allergy sufferers, but the higher humidity may cause you to lower the thermostat and raise your energy expenses.
Lancaster County, PA Furnace Repair & Replacement
Whether you are looking for forced air, natural gas, propane, or oil-type heating, Advanced Comfort Specialists has it all at a price you can afford! We also offer boiler systems for hot water or steam radiator-type systems.
Our company offers boiler systems for hot water or steam radiator-type systems, as well as ductless split systems, space and warehousing heating units, and zoning systems. Our experienced technicians can help you select the right furnace for your home or business. We service and repair all types of furnace makes and models.
How to Save Money on Home Heating
For most people, saving on their energy costs is a top priority. An old heating system can be expensive to run and maintain and can drive up your energy costs.
Here are some tips for getting the performance and cost savings you’re looking for with an energy-efficient heating system:
- Upgrade to a high-efficiency system. It’s possible to cut your energy bills by as much as 25% by upgrading to a high-efficiency heating system. For example, many old boilers have efficiency ratings of only 55% to 65%. New boilers are required to have efficiency ratings of at least 80%. Replacing an inefficient system can reduce operating costs and improve comfort. After a complete analysis of your present system, Advance Comfort Specialists will help you choose a heating system that meets your needs and fits your budget.
- Invest in preventive maintenance. The majority of heating and cooling system failures are caused by dirt and a lack of routine maintenance. A simple thing like changing filters can ensure that your system has smooth, unrestricted airflow. Advanced Comfort Specialists offers annual service contracts or seasonal tune-ups for all of your heating and cooling equipment. Let us help you keep your system running smoothly, maintain its efficiency, and reduce the chances of breakdowns and emergency repairs by doing preventative maintenance on a regular basis.
- Improve your insulation. Particularly in older homes, inadequate ceiling insulation is another factor that can lead to lost heat. Increasing it can lower your heating costs by 5% to 25%. If you’re unsure about your insulation, talk to an insulation professional for guidance.
- Adjust the temperature. Turn down your thermostat to 68°F during the day and evening. For every degree you lower your heat in the 60°to 70°range, you'll save up to 5% on heating costs. Reduce it to 55°F at night or if you’re gone for an extended time. This can save 5% to 20% of your heating costs. Installing a programmable thermostat can help you reduce energy use when you’re not at home.
- Seal up leaks. Seal up leaks around windows and doors. Look for pipes, vents, or electrical conduits that go through the wall, ceiling, or floor. If you find a gap, seal it up. Caulk works best on small gaps. Your hardware store should have products to close larger gaps.
Water Heater Repair in Lancaster County, PA
Water heaters perform a very important role in your comfort, from handling your hot showers to providing water to appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers. They are also responsible for about 15% of your energy usage. Advanced Comfort Specialists can help you select a properly sized, energy-efficient water heater that suits your family’s needs.
Your water heater is one of the most essential parts of your plumbing system. If you’ve owned one for many years, you probably don’t think about it much until it fails to deliver hot water for your morning shower or makes annoying knocking, creaking, and banging noises. There are many components that make up a water heater, and they should be inspected or serviced annually to keep your appliance in good working order.
How Long Does a Hot Water Heater Last?
The typical life span for a water heater is about 10 years, and preventive maintenance will increase its life span. Regular inspection and service will also help prevent possible water damage. You may not notice your water heating is leaking until it floods the surrounding area with water. Our Advanced Comfort Specialist technicians are trained to look for situations like this and stop or prevent them.
Tankless Water Heater Installation
Whether you decide on a conventional tank water heater that stores a reservoir of water in a tank until you need it or a tankless water heater that heats water only when you need it, our service technicians are trained to help you understand the installation and operating costs of both gas and electric water heaters to get the most efficient product at the best price and reduce your energy bills.
Water Heater Maintenance Plans in Lancaster County, PA
We offer annual service contracts or seasonal tune-ups for all of your heating and cooling equipment. Let us help you keep your system running smoothly, maintain its efficiency, and reduce the chances of breakdowns and emergency repairs by doing preventative maintenance on a regular basis.
Tips For Preserving Hot Water
- For most homes, water does not need to be hotter than 120ºF to be comfortable for bathing, dishwashing, or laundry. For every 10ºF reduction in temperature, you can save from 3%–5% on your water heating costs. Setting your heater no higher than 120ºF will save money and prevent scalding.
- Insulating your hot water tank helps prevent heat loss and is another way to save on energy bills. For electric tanks, be careful not to cover the thermostat, and for natural gas or oil hot water storage tanks, don’t cover the top, bottom, thermostat, or burner compartment.
- If you have a leaky hot water faucet, get it repaired quickly. One drip per second wastes as much as 8 gallons per day, 259 gallons per month, or 3,000 gallons of water per year.
- Shut off the hot water when shaving, brushing your teeth, or scrubbing dishes. The extra minutes can add up to a lot of wasted water.
- Set your washing machine to the cold cycle, especially during the rinse cycle. Your clothes will get just as clean, and your energy bill will thank you.
Offer 24/7 emergency services in Lancaster and the surrounding areas. Call (610) 224-9756 now or contact us online to schedule a free estimate with our HVAC specialists!