HVAC Repair in Berks County, PA
Reliable Heating & Cooling Services
Advanced Comfort Specialists has decades of experience in handling all of your heating and cooling needs in Berks County, PA. Whether you are located in Reading, Wyomissing, Sinking Spring, Robeson, Birdsboro, Bernville, or elsewhere in the surrounding area, you will find a highly qualified team that works together to design and provide quality solutions for all of your residential and commercial HVAC requirements.
Although Advanced Comfort Specialists was incorporated in 2004, our President and CEO, Chad Milligan, has been involved in heating and cooling since his teenage years and has two decades of experience in residential and commercial installations and as a service technician.
Our service and installation manager, Paul Catanzaro, holds degrees in mechanical engineering and facilities management along with 25 years of experience in commercial refrigeration, residential and commercial heating, and air conditioning.
We are committed to providing you with quality products, trained employees, top-notch customer service, and the lowest installation costs around! Our high standard for comfort is noticeable in every job we complete, whether you are installing a brand new heating or air conditioning system, upgrading or replacing an older one, have an immediate repair need, or simply want to keep your systems working smoothly.
Air Conditioners in Berks County, PA
Choosing the right air conditioner is crucial for a cool, comfortable environment and manageable utility bills. You’ve probably heard of air conditioner manufacturers like Carrier, Trane, Tempstar, York, Lennox and others. We can install, service and repair all of their products and work with you to find a system that fits your budget and meets your comfort needs.
Advanced Comfort Specialists offers some of the most efficient and high quality air conditioners on the market and will be happy to help you decide on the most cost- effective and efficient system. We will survey your home or business and make a proposal based on our cooling-load calculation (or heat-load calculation for heating), while taking into consideration other important factors like square footage, insulation and sunlight exposure.
Furnaces in Berks County, PA
Whether you are looking for forced air, natural gas, oil or propane type heating, the furnace installers at Advanced Comfort Specialists has it all at a price you can afford! We also offer boiler systems for hot water or steam radiator type systems.
Our expert team can help you select the right furnace for your home or business. We also repair and maintain all makes and models and provide cost-effective solutions for your ongoing preventative maintenance needs.
Do I Need a New Furnace?
If you have noticed that your furnace is not working the way it used to or it’s causing problems, be sure to reach out to the professionals at Advanced Comfort Specialists. We can inspect your furnace, diagnose the issues, and either do repairs or recommend other options.
Below are some signs that you need a new furnace installed:
- You furnace is more than 15 years old. Most furnaces last between 15 – 20 years with regular maintenance.
- You notice a spike in your energy bills. Old furnaces are less energy efficient than newer models. If your furnace is low-efficient, then your expenses will increase over time. A new, energy-efficient model will help you save more every month.
- Your furnace needs repair more frequently. If the repair will cost 50% of a new furnace, it may be more cost effective to get a new one.
For furnace installation near you or repair and maintenance, turn to Advanced Comfort Specialists today!
Water Heaters in Berks County, PA
From providing you with hot showers to heating the water for appliances like dishwashers and washing machines, water heaters play a very important role in your comfort. But they are also responsible for about 15% of your energy usage.
Advanced Comfort Specialists can help you select a properly sized, energy-efficient water heater that will meet your needs. We’ll provide all of the information you need to evaluate newer gas and electric conventional water heaters that are more energy-efficient than older models, as well as tankless water heaters that heat water only when you need it and can dramatically reduce your water heating bills.
In addition to heating, air conditioning and water heaters, our comprehensive services include humidifiers, air filter systems, ductless mini split systems, and more.
Get in touch with Advanced Comfort Specialists for professional advice about heating and cooling systems in Berks County, PA. We can help you select an affordable solution that will keep you comfortable. Call (610) 224-9756 today!
Berks County, PA HVAC Repair and Maintenance
It’s always possible that your ailing air conditioner, furnace or water heater simply needs to be cleaned or repaired to return it to good working order. In fact, the majority of heating and cooling system failures are caused by dirt and lack of routine maintenance.
Advanced Comfort Specialists offers annual service contracts or seasonal tune-ups for all of your equipment. Let us help you keep your system running smoothly, maintain its efficiency, and reduce the chances of breakdowns and emergency repairs by doing some preventative maintenance.
Signs Your HVAC System Needs Attention
You deserve to have a comfortable and healthy environment in your home or business, no matter what the weather is like outside. Unless you’ve had your HVAC system service before starting it up for the season, it may send out periodic signals to let you know that it’s not running properly. Learning to recognize them and scheduling prompt service from Advanced Comfort Specialists will help you avoid the inconvenience of an emergency repair.
- Loud Noises
- A furnace, boiler or air conditioner that makes loud, aggressive sounds could indicate some serious malfunctions. Fans, blowers, motors, and other moving parts of an HVAC system should work together without making clunking or squeaking sounds. Call the professionals at Advanced Comfort Specialists to look into the cause of the noises.
- Runs Constantly
- Your HVAC system will work harder when the weather is very cold or very hot, but neither your furnace nor your air conditioner should run without stopping. When the heating or air conditioning runs constantly, the system can experience excessive strain, premature wear, and consume more energy than necessary, driving up your energy bills. If you notice a change in the amount of time your HVAC system is running, it’s important for one of our technicians to inspect it to see what repairs may be needed.
- Ice or Frost Buildup
- Ice or frost formation on the exterior of your air conditioner or heat pump can damage the equipment and cause water damage to your property. Dust and dirt buildup can interfere with airflow, causing the system to run less efficiently. A refrigerant leak can also cause ice to form. Advanced Comfort Specialists can quickly assess the problem to determine the cause and help you decide on an appropriate solution.
- High Utility Bills
- If you’ve noticed a dramatic increase in the utility bills for your home or business, it could be a sign that the HVAC system is overworked or needs to be cleaned and/or repaired. Wear and tear over time can also rob your heating and cooling equipment of efficiency and make it more difficult to keep your space at a comfortable temperature. If you find that you are constantly adjusting the thermostat up or down, call us to assess the problem.
Don’t let HVAC issues spiral into a major (and potentially expensive) problem. Take advantage of repair services in Berks County, PA from the experts at Advanced Comfort Specialists. We are available 24/7 to help you find the most efficient and affordable solution. Call (610) 224-9756 today!
AC Installation in Berks County, PA
Whether you are considering installing a new air conditioning system in a brand new home or upgrading your current system, professional installation will be one of the most important factors in making sure that your system works properly and uses as little energy as possible.
An air conditioner that is not the right size can use too much energy and fail too soon. A professional HVAC contractor, such as Advanced Comfort Specialists, will help you decide on the most cost-effective and efficient system. We will survey your home or business and make a proposal based on our cooling-load calculation (or heat-load calculation for heating), while taking into consideration factors like square footage, insulation and sunlight exposure.
We offer some of the most efficient and high quality air conditioners on the market from manufacturers such as Trane, Carrier, York, Tempstar, Lennox and others.
24/7 Emergency Service Is Available!
Be sure to pay attention to any unusual behavior from your air conditioner, such as trouble starting up, strange noises, or long run times. Prompt action can keep them from getting worse. We’re available 24/7 for emergency service in the event your air conditioner shuts down unexpectedly.
Seeking A More Efficient AC System?
The time may come when you decide to reduce your energy usage and utility bills and enhance your comfort by upgrading to a high-efficiency model. An ENERGY STAR air conditioning system may be a good choice. Advanced Comfort Specialists installs high-efficiency systems, heat pumps, and ductless mini split systems. We can help you decide if it’s time for a replacement, or if repairs may make more sense.
For air conditioning sales, service and repair you can count on in Berks County, PA, trust in Advanced Comfort Specialists. Serving Reading, Wyomissing, Muhlenberg, Robeson, Birdsboro, Bernville, Sinking Spring and surrounding areas, our high standard for comfort is noticeable in every installation job we complete. Call (610) 224-9756!
Boiler Service and Repair in Berks County, PA
To keep your boiler working as efficiently as possible, regular service and repair can prevent major expenses in the future. If you live in Berks County, PA, Advanced Comfort Specialists can evaluate and resolve problems before they worsen and cause damage.
Signs Your Boiler May Need Repair
If your boiler is exhibiting any of the following signs below, call us right away. These could all be signs that it needs to be repaired. We will thoroughly inspect and repair it to reduce the chances of breakdowns and emergency repairs.
It’s important to keep track of the age of your boiler system to ensure that it gets the maintenance it needs. Your boiler works tirelessly year after year. If well-maintained and properly serviced, it could last a lifetime. In general, however, boilers usually need to be replaced about every 15 years.
- Metallic Odor
If there is a strong, metallic smell emanating from your boiler, it should be checked by a professional for repair. The odor may be caused by oil or leaking gas. It could also be leaking carbon monoxide, which is an odorless, tasteless, colorless, and potentially dangerous gas.
- Heat Loss
If you notice that your boiler is not producing enough heat or any heat at all because certain radiators or baseboard heaters are not giving off the proper amount of warmth, there may be frozen pipes in the boiler system.
Boilers have precautions built into them to prevent corrosion. When you notice corrosion of any type forming along your boiler, it is a serious issue. If left unchecked, it may result in having to replace the entire boiler.
- Leaking Water
You should never see water forming around the base of your boiler. Leaks can come from damaged connectors, corrosion, or a rise in pressure and need to be fixed as soon as possible. Leaking water can also cost more in energy.
- Unusual Noises
When you hear odd noises coming from your boiler, such as rumbling, it could mean that the boiler is starting to overheat or has a broken expansion tank. The problem could be due to iron deposits, which will eventually cause the boiler to fail.
At Advanced Comfort Specialists, the high quality of our boiler service and repairs in Berks County, PA, along with our affordable prices and extensive experience and training, speak for themselves. Give us a call (610) 224-9756 for the best heating and cooling services in southeastern Pennsylvania!
Berks County Furnace Sales, Service, and Repair
Whether you are looking for forced air, natural gas, propane, or oil type heating, Advanced Comfort Specialists provides furnace sales, service and repair in Berks County, PA at prices you can afford! We also offer boiler systems for hot water or steam radiator type systems.
Types of Heating Systems
The most popular residential heating systems are forced air furnaces, hot water boilers (hydronic systems), and electric heat pumps.
- Forced-air: A forced air system distributes heat through your home via air ducts and registers. The main advantage is that the ductwork can be shared with your air conditioning system. Sometimes, however, there are temperature fluctuations, and ducts can circulate dust and odors through the house, or leak if not properly sealed, increasing your heating costs.
- Hot water: Hot water systems use a boiler to heat water and typically circulate it via copper or plastic piping to baseboard radiators. (Some hydronic systems are designed to circulate the hot water through pipes installed in the floor slab.) Although installing a hot water system is generally more expensive than a forced-air system, it produces more even temperatures and the same boiler can also be used to provide your home’s hot water. But hot water systems don’t allow for central air conditioning.
- Heat pump: A heat pump uses the outside air to both heat your home in winter and cool it in summer. There is heat even in outside air that’s seems too cold. When it’s cold outside, a heat pump extracts this heat and transfers it inside. When it’s warm outside, it reverses direction and removes heat from your home, acting like an air conditioner. Heat pumps are powered by electricity, so your system won’t be consuming fuel. They are also very efficient because they are moving heat instead of generating heat.
- Ductless split system: A newer type of heat pump, called a ductless split system, is ideal for homes with no existing duct system. They use heat pump technology to distribute warm or cool air more quietly and efficiently than electric furnaces, baseboards and wall heaters. The outdoor unit is installed outside your home at ground level and the indoor unit is mounted on a centrally located wall inside your home. The system provides both heating and air conditioning, but without the expense of installing ductwork.
Get in touch with Advanced Comfort Specialists for professional advice about furnace sales, service and repair in Berks County, PA. We can help you select an affordable heating solution that meets your comfort needs. Call (610) 224-9756!
Water Heater Sales and Repair in Berks County, PA
Advanced Comfort Specialists provides water heater sales, service and repairs to customers in Berks County, PA, as well as Lebanon, Lancaster, Schuylkill, Carbon, Lehigh, Montgomery, Chester, Bucks Counties and surrounding areas. We are your heating and cooling experts and are committed to providing you with quality products, trained employees and top-notch customer service.
We can help you select a properly sized, energy-efficient water heater that will meet your needs. We’ll provide all of the information you need to evaluate newer gas and electric conventional water heaters that are more energy-efficient than older models, as well as tankless water heaters that heat water only when you need it and can dramatically reduce your water heating bills.
Of course, it’s not always necessary to install a new water heater. If your ailing water heater is able to be repaired, you will find the services of Advanced Comfort Specialists second to none. We are available 24/7 for emergency repairs and can also help you keep your water heater running smoothly and efficiently by doing some preventive maintenance.
Common Types of Water Heater Problems
Hot water heaters that are used only sparingly will generally last longer than those that see heavy usage. If your family is growing, you can expect your hot water needs to change as your children grow, and this can affect the life of your water heater.
Here are some signs that your water heater needs to be repaired or replaced:
- Runs out of hot water quickly:If the hot water runs out sooner than you think it should, a pipe may have moved out of place, or there could be a problem with the thermostat or heating element. The problem could also be that your water heater is too old and no longer heating the water efficiently. Call Advanced Comfort Specialists to find out if the system can be repaired or if a replacement would be more cost-effective.
- Making a lot of noise: A water heater that bangs, knocks and creaks can be annoying. A common reason for these noises is that sediment has built up inside the tank and debris is coming into contact with the heating element. Advanced Comfort Specialists can drain the sediment from the tank and check for any damage. If you are still hearing strange noises after the tank has been flushed out, the heating element may need to be replaced.
- Rust-colored water from the tap: If the hot water comes out of the tap a reddish-brown color, it may be a sign that the tank is rusty or corroded. Although water heaters resist corrosion, once rust enters the tank, it will quickly destroy the system. Advanced Comfort Specialists can check the water heater to determine whether there is another source of the problem or if it’s time for a replacement.
- Water heater is leaking: Unfortunately, there is no easy fix for a leaking water heater. If you notice water anywhere near the tank, call Advanced Comfort Specialists right away. The tank should be replaced as soon as possible to prevent flooding and other damage to your home.
Get in touch for professional advice about water heater sales, services, and repairs in Berks County. We’ll help you choose an affordable solution — call (610) 224-9756!
Commercial Refrigeration in Berks County, PA
It’s important to select the right contractor for commercial refrigeration services in Berks County, PA. Customers can count on the expertise of Advanced Comfort Specialists in Reading, Wyomissing, Muhlenberg, Robeson, Birdsboro, Bernville, Fleetwood, Sinking Spring, and beyond. Our high standards are noticeable in every job we complete.
Advanced Comfort Specialists has extensive experience in all types of commercial refrigeration applications, such as chillers, cold rooms, mass food storage, and walk-in freezers for restaurant facilities, grocery stores, and more, and the refrigeration systems we offer go beyond cabinets, counters and freezers.
We carry a full line of flexible solutions from the nation’s best brands, including parallel racks, mechanical/electrical systems, power systems, and an extensive line of evaporators, condensers and condensing units for all your commercial refrigeration needs.
We will work with you to determine your refrigeration requirements and implement a system that meets those needs, but is efficient enough to keep your utility costs low. Our ongoing maintenance programs will also help you keep your refrigeration systems running as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Our commercial services include (but are not limited to):
- Sales, installation and service of refrigeration equipment, including ice machines, walk-in coolers/freezers, display cases and compressor racks.
- Sales, installation and service of package heating and air conditioning package units, chillers (5 tons through 100 tons), hydronic heating, domestic heating systems and warehouse space heating units.
- Panel systems, compressors, valves, parts and components for all makes
- Commercial ice machine repair and replacement
- Walk-in cooler/freezer repair and replacement
- Refrigerant leak detection and repair
- Compressor repair and replacement
- Condenser repair and replacement
- Evaporator coil/fan repair and replacement
- Thermostat replacement
- Installation of restaurant hood ducts
- Computer control and monitoring systems
- Warranty work for most commercial refrigeration brands
- Facility management and development of annual or seasonal preventive maintenance programs for all equipment, and maintenance logs for documenting equipment service history.
- Fabrication and installation of all types of air ducts, including spiral, flange bolted, slip & drive, and duct sock. Installation of restaurant hood ducts.
- Installation of building and temperature controls.
Advanced Comfort Specialists is ready to troubleshoot your equipment or replace it quickly if necessary. We’re available 24 hours a day to meet the needs of your business. Whether it is keeping food and drinks cool or healthcare supplies at the right temperature, we are experts in commercial refrigeration.
For high quality commercial refrigeration systems and services in Berks County, PA, look to Advanced Comfort Specialists. Call (610) 224-9756 to find out how we can help!
Berks County Commercial Refrigeration Repair
Do you need service or repair on your commercial refrigeration systems in Berks County, PA? Equipment breakdowns can be disastrous. At Advanced Comfort Specialists, we stand behind our workmanship and are available for emergency repairs 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
Preventative Maintenance for Your Commercial Fridge
In addition to commercial refrigeration repair and installation, Advanced Comfort Specialists also offers a preventive maintenance program designed to proactively maintain your equipment in tip-top condition.
During preventative maintenance inspections, our certified technicians will perform items off a checklist to optimize the performance of your system. Items on the list include filter changes, thorough system cleaning, lubrication, calibration, and check for leaks and signs of wear and tear.
We can help you:
- Maintain climate control
- Minimize equipment down time
- Avoid inventory and food spoilage
- Extend the life cycle of your equipment
- Reduce energy consumption
- Save money
Commercial Refrigeration Tips
Is the refrigeration temperature too cold or not cold enough? Does it fail to maintain the proper temperature? Is heavy frost building up on the evaporator fins? Is ice accumulating in the drain pan? Is the compressor making strange noises? Is the unit totally dead? These problems need to be addressed quickly.
Most commercial refrigeration problems come down to dust, corrosion, drainage and gaskets, but the equipment is often ignored until a problem arises. Here are some tips for keeping your commercial refrigeration equipment in good working order.
- Keep the condenser free of dust. If dust is allowed to accumulate on the compressor coils, it can keep the compressor from working efficiently. The compressor will have to work harder than necessary, and you may experience spikes in your utility bills. If the compressor has to work too hard for too long, it may fail and need to be replaced.
- Keep drains clear. The drain at the base of a commercial refrigerator allows internal condensation to escape and evaporate. If the drain is obstructed, the condensation will have nowhere to go and create flooded interior spaces in refrigerators and frozen build-up in freezers. Trapped water that freezes can do significant structural damage to a freezer. It will also cause the condenser to work hard and possibly burn out.
- Check and clean gaskets regularly. Gaskets can make a huge difference in how your commercial refrigeration equipment works and in your utility bills. Expensive chilled air can escape through tiny cracks, causing the compressor and condenser to work harder to maintain a constant temperature. Over-taxing the unit can burn out the coils. Inspect the gaskets regularly and keep them clean. If you notice that they are cracked or not sealing when the door is closed, it is time to have them replaced.
- Cover acidic foods. High levels of acidity can cause corrosion in your commercial refrigeration unit and acids may eventually eat through refrigerant lines. Store acidic foods like pickles and tomatoes in non-corrosive food storage containers with tight-fitting lids.